Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Review l Saucebox x Batalash Palette





I recently purchased this palette from Saucebox  Cosmetics. This is their collaboration with the ladies of Batalash. When I originally saw that Samantha post the swatches on her Instagram, I knew this was a palette I had to have! There is still a limited number of these palettes left, so get it while it's hot. It is limited edition after all.

A little more about this palette:
There are 4 universal matte shadows and 4 pearl finishes. Each pan contains 4 grams of product! Typically and eye shadow is .05 grams. While the price of $60 seems expensive, it breaks down to $7.50 per shadow. You are getting a lot for our money. I have some comparison pictures to other brands products below.

The palette did take a little longer than expected to arrive, but Saucebox was amazing. They communicated throughout the whole process and kept us in the loop. I really appreciate a company that takes care of the customer. This is a growing company, and I would purchase other items in the future. 

Also note that this is a cruelty free brand.




Vanilla,Winter Brown, Cinnamon, Lace Noir
        Enigma, Electro, Popper, Enigma

The eye shadows are housed in a sturdy cardboard palette. I really like the artwork and the color they chose. It also has a magnetic closure and a good sized mirror. 

No flash

Flash

Moving onto the most important part, the eye shadows!
It has amazing pigmentation. The texture is creamy, buttery, and soft. If you have ever used a LORAC shadow, these are similar. Vanilla is the only color I don't feel like is a true matte. It's more of a satin.

This is my first time trying Saucebox Cosmetics, and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed. This is a great palette. You can create natural, dramatic, or colorful looks. This palette allows you to be creative. This is definitely a palette I can see myself traveling with because of it's versatility. 
Saucebox eye shadow vs Makeup Geek blush (almost the same size!)
Saucebox eye shadow vs MAC eye shadow 
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment