Thursday, July 2, 2015

Travel l Providence, RI (April 25, 2015)

Connecticut is a pretty central location to live in. We have a lot of choices when it comes to day trips. When deciding on what zoo we wanted to go to, all the zoos near us were about the same distance. The reason why my sisters and I decided on the Roger Williams Zoo was because S didn't get to there on a class field trip.



Roger Williams Zoo

This is a medium sized zoo.  They have some really good exhibits. You can feed giraffes, but I don't think it was available when we went.

My sisters and I did the butterfly exhibit called Flutterby: Butterflies in Bloom. 

This is the final season, and I'm glad we were able to go before it concluded. It was only $3. I tried to pretend I was a flower. I wish a butterfly landed on me.

Can you find the bear?

 




How cute is this Red Panda?? 
 

 

 




 








 





 


what a show off lol

 









 



some really beautiful scenic views in the zoo









Providence Place

This is an upscale shopping mall. You have to pay for parking. It's reasonable. We were there for a few hours before dinner, and it only cost $2.

Den Den

This is a restaurant located near Brown University. There is no lot but plenty of street parking available.

There was a wait, so we had a nice walk before dinner. A few blocks away, there was a historic house belonging to John Brown. I didn't see anyone there, so I assume it was closed at that time.

This is what we had:


  • Den Den Seafood Scallion Pancake 
*signature dish – Korean pancake/egg batter, flour, green onions, seafood
This kind of reminds me of a Banh Xeo, which is similar to a French savory crepe.

  • Shrimp Shumai 

  • Den Den Spicy Tuna Salad
*signature salad
Fresh big eye tuna, spring mix, micro greens and spicy dressing
This is what I consider a sushi salad

  • Den Den Hot Stone Bibimbap 
Signature dish, bedding of rice/sautéed vegetables in a hot stone pot served with traditional spicy sauce or citrus garlic soy sauce
I added Korean beef

  • Korean Ramen -
spicy Korean noodles with vegetables and eggs

  • Den Den Bento Katsudon 
deep fried port cutlet and egg
  • Den Den Bento Teriyaki chicken
  • Den Den Hot Pot Bulgogi beef 
* signature dish, soy marinated Korean thin sliced beef with sweet potato noodles and vegetables served in a hot pot
  • seafood fried rice
  • Squid and Pork Belly BBQ – Korean chili sauce marinated fresh squid and pork belly grilled in a hot plate
  • Green Tea Latte - This was amazing. 

I really liked this restaurant. The kitchen is small, but our food arrived fairly quickly. I wouldn't recommend this for a family meal. It's more of a casual dining spot. You order food at the counter and they bring it out to your table. The pricing is fair and nothing is expensive.

Green Tea Latte 

Den Den Spicy Tuna Salad

Shrimp Shumai
Den Den Seafood Scallion Pancakes



Miso Soup

Condiments 

Seafood Fried Rice

Den Den Hot Stone Bibimbap w/ egg


Den Den Hot Stone Bibimbap no egg
Squid and Pork Belly BBQ - not my favorite dish

Ramen 

Katsudon bento "box" 

Den Den Hot Pot Bulgogi Beef 

Desserts: Red Bean Ice Cream, Green Tea Ice Cream
Green Tea Mochi 

No comments:

Post a Comment