Friday, July 3, 2015

Travel l Merrimack/Manchester, NH *L's Graduation* (May 8 - 9, 2015)

I ended up choosing a hotel in Merrimack because I was a last minute booker. Basically there was no room left in Manchester. Fortunately it's only 15 minutes away from SNHU.


Where to Stay 


Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham 
Location  /  264 Daniel Webster Highway Merrimack, New Hampshire

Originally, I had booked a few suites with two full beds and a sofa bed. The hotel overbooked and upgraded 2 of our rooms. Honestly, this is the nicest hotel room I have been in to date. I wish this were my apartment! Plus they are right next to the premium outlets.  It's a really nice location with easy on and off highway access, pool, and breakfast included.

The video doesn't show the entire room. It was basically a larger suite with two bedrooms, a living room area, and a kitchen.



Where to Eat 

Location  /  641 Daniel Webster Highway Merrimack, New Hampshire 

What we ate: 

  • Appetizer Sampler - homemade crab cake, chicken wings, potato skins, fresh scallops wrapped in bacon, steak and cheese spring roll 
  • Stuffed Mushroom Caps - button mushrooms baked with sweet Italian sausage stuffing and imported grated parmesan cheese
  • Vegetarian Ravioli - fresh roasted asparagus, portabella mushrooms, bell peppers, onions,broccoli, artichoke hearts, and tomatoes sauteed with chopped garlic, fresh herbs, olive oil and white wine tossed with spinach ravioli 
  • Barbeque Chicken and Ribs - 8 oz statler chicken and half a rack of baby back ribs brushed with our own barbeque sauce
  • Meatloaf Wellington - classic meatloaf wrapped in puff pastry served over mushroom demi-glace with rice pilaf 
  • Veal Madeira - sauteed veal medallions with fresh mushrooms in a Madeira sauce topped with fresh asparagus and melted mozzarella cheese HAD EXCESSIVE CHEESE 
  • Lamb Sirloin - 8 oz. boneless lamb sirloin served over mushroom demi glaze 
  • Roasted Chicken - two 8 oz bone-in startler chicken breasts marinated in olive oil and spices then slow roasted 
  • Berry Trifle cake
  • Creme Brulee
This restaurant has a fairly large menu. I would say this is just an okay place. I didn't really like the ravioli I had because I felt like the sauce was too watery. The portion was very large though. It could have fed 2 - 2 1/2 people. The only dish that was really good was the one my dad had, bbq chicken and ribs. 




Sangrias because I love them 

Vegetable Raviolis 

berry trifle 
because it's creme brulee.

all the presents my sister bought back from Disney 

The whole reason we stayed over was for my sister's graduation!
I could not be more proud of her. She has a job in a really nice bakery now. It's the best thing ever because she brings home the most wonderful desserts. I love the benefits to this job she has.

such pretty flowers 
Sister where are thou? 

My sister after she got her diploma. Her cap decorations are SO cute 

No comments:

Post a Comment