Thursday, April 30, 2015

DIY l Broken Powder



I am sure you have all had the unfortunate mishap of shattering a powder, but there is a way to remedy the sad situation and not have to throw away your beauty products!
Recently I knocked my favorite drugstore powder off of my desk, and it broke even though it landed on some carpet. I also received some eye shadows in the mail that due to man handling from USPS didn't survive from up north all the way down to my little humble home.



Things you will need:
  1. a broken powder
  2. rubbing alcohol
  3. something to press the powder
  4. a spatula if you want to mix it together



  1. Mix a little bit of the alcohol into the powder. You can use an eyedropper or something similar to dispense just enough liquid to make the powder into a paste. This is where a spatula may come in handy.
  2. Press the powder back into the pan. If you want to have a uniform pattern you can use a piece of fabric and a quarter to press the powder back into place.
  3. Let it dry overnight before use.
There is an alternative option. You can also crush the powder to turn into a loose one. If you decided to use this method, I suggest putting it into a container with a lid that screws shut.

It's as good as new the next day

I decided to do some swatches of the eye shadows below for you.



NYX Liquid Gold Prismatic Shadow




NYX Punk Heart
 Prismatic Shadow

 





No comments:

Post a Comment