Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Review l Tarte Brazillance

So the weather is getting warmer, and it will be summer before you know it. I mentioned that I would be talking about my favorite self tanner in my L'Oreal Infallible first impressions blog post. I had just used the self tanner the day before. I am preparing not to look like a ghost when I go to the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame induction next week.



I do not recommend sun tanning or using tanning beds because the sun is very damaging to your skin. When I am in the sun I put on sunscreen religiously because I burn very easily. I am on the lighter spectrum of skin colors . For reference I am ivory or natural beige in drugstore foundations and NW25 in MAC foundations.

I have tried several other self tanners but none that I've re-purchased over and over again. I'm always trying new things, so it really means I like something for me to buy it again. I believe that I am on my third bottle of Tarte Brazillance. The one I currently have a super-sized one purchased from QVC sometime last year. It is 12 ounces compared to the regular size 5.5 ounces. The mitt is also included. It a flat thin sponge that makes application much easier. You will not get self tanner all over your palms (usually a tell-tale sign that you have been self tanning).



Tarte Brazillance does not lean too orange/bronze, green, or too brown.
It is a neutral color that creates the perfect tan.

The reasons why I like this self tanner are:

  1. It looks natural, about 1-2 shades darker than your skintone. You can build this self tanner up to be very dark. I think I have gone as dark as maybe 5 or so shades darker than I naturally am. 
  2. It does not have that self tanner smell. I actually think it smells quite pleasant.
  3. You can see where you apply it because it has a color guard to it. Things can get streaky if there is not one.
  4. It fades naturally.
  5. It dries down fairly quickly like a body lotion.
  6. You can use this for your face and body. I like things that multi-task. 
  7. It has good ingredients in it - maracuja oil, vitamin E, and sunflower seed oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment