I do not recommend sun tanning or using tanning beds because the sun is very damaging to your skin. When I am in the sun I put on sunscreen religiously because I burn very easily. I am on the lighter spectrum of skin colors . For reference I am ivory or natural beige in drugstore foundations and NW25 in MAC foundations.
I have tried several other self tanners but none that I've re-purchased over and over again. I'm always trying new things, so it really means I like something for me to buy it again. I believe that I am on my third bottle of Tarte Brazillance. The one I currently have a super-sized one purchased from QVC sometime last year. It is 12 ounces compared to the regular size 5.5 ounces. The mitt is also included. It a flat thin sponge that makes application much easier. You will not get self tanner all over your palms (usually a tell-tale sign that you have been self tanning).
Tarte Brazillance does not lean too orange/bronze, green, or too brown.
It is a neutral color that creates the perfect tan.
The reasons why I like this self tanner are:
- It looks natural, about 1-2 shades darker than your skintone. You can build this self tanner up to be very dark. I think I have gone as dark as maybe 5 or so shades darker than I naturally am.
- It does not have that self tanner smell. I actually think it smells quite pleasant.
- You can see where you apply it because it has a color guard to it. Things can get streaky if there is not one.
- It fades naturally.
- It dries down fairly quickly like a body lotion.
- You can use this for your face and body. I like things that multi-task.
- It has good ingredients in it - maracuja oil, vitamin E, and sunflower seed oil.