Monday, March 30, 2015

First Impressions l L'Oreal Infallible

a beautiful mess 




not in any particular order -
L'Oreal Infallible Natural Beige liquid  
MAC Lightscape Mineralized Skin Finish (limited edition)
Bare Minerals BB cream eye shadow Soft Linen

Deal Alert: 40% off of all L'Oreal at Rite Aid
Also Beauty.com  GWP spend $125 & get a giant make up bag filled with samples and purchase $50 Jouer and receive a 4 piece lip gloss set. These are stackable


























You may have noticed that I'm a slightly more tan in these pictures. I will have another post about self tanning later this week with more information.

Today I will be focusing on the new L'Oreal products I picked up the other day. I have been waiting for them to go on sale since probably last year before I was traveling like crazy last fall. The Infallible products are quite spendy for a drugstore brand. I was also looking for the new Color Riche La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2 palettes (look-a-likes for Urban Decay Naked 1 and 3). Fortunately for my wallet, my local drugstore didn't have them.

For reference, I usually put my make up between 7 - 7:30 a.m. I also did not wear any primer to put the products to the test. If my opinion changes as I continue to wear it, I will either add to this post or do an new update post.

Let's talk about the claims vs my test run

Infallible liquid foundation claims

  1. Up to 24 hours matte without the flat
  2. Air-light texture, demi-matte finish
It has a silicone-like texture. It almost feels whipped or like mousse. It goes on very light and has a natural finish. It has a light to medium buildable coverage. 


Infallible powder 

  1. Up to 16 hours shine-defying powder
  2. Creates the perfect matte finish

The texture of this product reminds me of my all time favorite powder, Maybelline Dream Wonder. It is very creamy and buttery. It does not look or feel powdery. This powder gives you a demi-matte finish.

***

It did not keep me shine free. I did have to blot around 1pm because I just had to. I have combination skin and it's is completely normal that I have to touch up at some point in the day. Even without primer, the foundation did not settle around my nose. This is normally a problem for me.  I am impressed with the two complexion products.  I almost look like I've used an airbrush foundation in those photos. I really love the demi-matte finish. It's a really flattering finish for all skin types.

Infallible setting spray

  1. Locks in makeup for a "just applied" makeup look all day
  2. Lightweight mist, barely there feel
  3. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic 
This has a very fine mist similar to the Urban Decay finishing sprays. It does not have any scent to it. The reason why I like using setting sprays is that it helps to meld everything the skin making it look fresh and not powdery.


Infallible lip color

  1. High-intensity, transfer-resistant color
  2. Stays put for up to 24 hours
I have to admit that I did forget to put on the step 2, and I definitely felt that my lips were a little parched. Even though I didn't lock the lip color in with the balm, it had pretty good staying power. It lasted all the way up until I ate lunch. This was probably because I put a gloss on top of the color. I was impressed with the longevity of the color even after ate breakfast. 

L'Oreal Silkissime Charcoal eyeliner is very smooth. It reminds me of the Urban Decay 24 hour Glide-On Eye pencils except at a fraction of the price. I meant to get black, but this is just as well. 

L'Oreal is one of two favorite drugstore brands. The other favorite is Maybelline. I am waiting for a sale. Any day now Rite Aid...


Now I love a good deal...here's a few ways I try and save (only to spend it all on more make-up)

1. Stack sales, coupons, and rewards (Ulta)
2. Drugstore make up prices vary from store to store, so shop around.
3, If you are an online shopper use Ebates 
I'm an avid user because I'm getting money back for what I'm already doing.
It's super easy to use. I have a button installed on my Chrome to alert me (not that I need reminding) when a store is eligible for a "rebate" (hence the name of the company) or you can just shop through the Ebates website. I believe they issue checks or deposit money into your Paypal (whatever you like) quarterly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment