Thursday, March 12, 2015

Travel l Backstreet Boys Show 'Em What You're Made Of Documententry LA Premiere (January 29, 2015 - February 1, 2015)





Lately it feels like anytime I've traveled, I have had to wake up at an unreasonable hour. Changing time zones also does not help either. I don't like traveling the day of an event. But I am glad that I did this time because of the snow storms we were having on the east coast. I wish I were able to find direct flights to CA though.





Let's start off with what I packed for "beauty essentials." I promise I used pretty much everything. I am a girly-girl and getting ready is a ritual for me.  I'll link to the things that are not readily available at stores :)


    I purchased this beauty bag from Victoria Secret when they were having the post Christmas sales       for about $6. I like that it's clear, so I can see everything I've packed. It is also a vinyl material             which makes it really easy to clean.


From left to right: LORAC Pro To GoMaybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in BrightenerBare Minerals cream eye shadow in Barely NudeHourglass Veil primerCK One Color Mascara in True Black, It Cosmetics Tightline Full Length Black Mascara PrimerAnastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Maybelline Dream Wonder powder in Natural Beige, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer  Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette in Light to MediumBenefit Gimme Brow in Medium/DeepIt Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Neutral Medium, Double ended lipsticks are no longer available but here is the link to the colors Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Fig/Musk, Palomino/Violet, Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler (pearl design was limited edition),  Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Dark BrownBenefit PorefessionalIt Cosmetics No Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black & Black/Brown



 The brushes not in the pouch are the ones I actually used on the trip. the make up bag is actually part of  Beauty Blender Detailers brush setBeauty Blender Pure










Thursday 

I had a layover in Chicago. The snow followed me, and I was a little concerned I would not make it out to LA in time.


I had a little breakfast at the Wolfgang Puck Express. I had the "Bacon Breakfast Pizza scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon, mozzarella, cheddar, caramelized onions". I have to say that I was not that particularly impressed. In my opinion it was a little dry.  I had a little bit of a higher expectation since this had a celebrity chef's name on it.


BSB The Movie 








The main reason I flew out to the west coast was for BSB The Movie. The venue for the screening was Cinerama Dome in West Hollywood. Of course, I only got pictures of the Backstreet wives minus Rochelle and Jeff Timmons from 98 Degrees before my phone died. I also forgot to put the battery back into my camera after I charged it...so unfortunately I didn't get more pictures.

I am not going to write too much about the movie because in some parts of the world it has not been released yet.

The movie is 90 minutes long. I am not sure how they were able to condense 20 years in such a short amount of time. According to guys, the first edit was over three hours long. I don't think the fans would have minded at all.

Backstreet Boys' journey has been an incredible one. It's nearing their 22nd anniversary. Anyone will enjoy this raw and uncut look at the music industry, its ups and downs. It is a story full of emotion with tears and happiness. I am so glad that they have kept true to: "as long as there's music we'll be coming back again."

I am happy I was able to experience the movie with the Backstreet Boys. It was an experience I'll never forget.

The movie is available through Amazon, iTunes, and I believe on demand.


Friday 


Blu Jam Cafe 
This was a recommendation from my friend. My favorite meal in the world is breakfast/brunch. I will definitely come back to this place next time I'm in the area. The people were extremely nice, and the food was very reasonably priced. 



Dear French Press Coffee,
Where have you been all my life?
French Toast...this so good!    


Griffith Observatory









LA in the distance

The main reason I went here was because I wanted to see the Hollywood sign. I also was interested in maybe hiking. However, the weather didn't hold out and there was a downpour. Apparently it only rains in LA when I'm there. haha. 

Another reason I was really, really excited was because my trip was coincided with dineLA, which was from 1/19-2/1.



The Wallace
This was another recommendation from my friend. She had me at you can cut the steak with a butter knife. I really like the concept of the restaurant. You can get dinner and a show with an open kitchen. 

Jarred. Smoked Trout.  At first I didn't understand the concept of jarred. This is similar to bruschetta. It was a touch on the salty side.  
Vegetable. Little Gem Salad        
Land/Sea. Steak which you could literally cut with a butter knife. This is probably one of the best dishes I've had in a while.
Dessert. Caramel Pudding 
                                      
                

Saturday 



The star is located in front of the Live Nation building - 7060 Hollywood Blvd, LA 

 


Of course, I had to stop by at the star on the Walk of Fame because I missed it last time I was in LA. Too bad I missed Brian that day. He was there a few hours after I had went.
  



Magnolia


Tuna Tartare. I really liked that they had taro chips.
Shrimp Po Boy. Only thing I wish was that there was maybe 2 more shrimps. 
                   
I liked this place. It was a nice little lunch spot. 



The Getty


 










Spring

Picasso "Woman" Being rebel and snapping a picture that I wasn't supposed to take. 

so much movement

Another picture I wasn't supposed to take...



Just a small selection of works from The Getty. I was interested in going to this museum because I had read that there were amazing views. My initial thought was that it was ridiculously incredible. There is an expansive collection. I was able to go to all the buildings but didn't have a chance to see the gardens. I would love to come back again someday soon. 


Daily Grill in Westin Los Angeles
Red Quinoa and Arugula salad. It was a little underdressed. Salads are usually nothing to write home about.

Filet Mignon Pot Pie. I don't know if it was really filet, but it was good. I put in the appetizer plate for comparison. They sure didn't skimp on the portion. This was literally a meal for like 4 people easy.

Apple Crisp. I was so full I had to take dessert to go.
This was convenient because it was located near the airport. The Daily Grill is located inside a hotel, so it was nice to be able to valet your car. This restaurant was good, but I didn't think there was anything that stood out. I wouldn't mind coming back here if I stayed in the area again.

Sunday


Until next time....


My trips to LA have been so short that sometimes I don't really catch up with the time zone changes (3 hours difference). Definitely has me California dreaming.

Let me know what your favorite things to do in LA are in the comments.















No comments:

Post a Comment