Monday, August 10, 2015

Review l Victorinox Swiss Army Victoria Charisma Carry-All Tote

I was searching for a carry-on bag that would help me keep organized for my flight. Previously, I was using a Jansport backpack. I cannot find a link to the exact bag that I have. I believe the style I have is discontinued.

What I needed was:
  1. A bag that was large enough to pack clothing in if necessary. I have had situations where my carry-on suitcase just didn't have the capacity to fit my clothes too (looking at you Kentucky trip). 
  2. Easily accessible pocket to store things that I need to reach for like my ID and tickets
  3. A stylish bag

Originally, I had my heart set on the the Lo & Son’s O.M.G. bag, but that one is going to cost a really pretty penny. The reason why I was really leaning toward the O.M.G. bag was because there was a separate compartment for shoes which not many other bags have. The size of this bag is: base 16”, depth 6”, and height 13.5, handle 9” drop.

The Victoria Charisma first caught my eye because it was on sale at Hautelook. It was a similar size to the OMG.

If you're unfamiliar with Hautelook, it is a flash sale website where you can buy clothing, beauty, and home items.

Fortunately, I found it for $65 with a 10% off code and shipping at 6pm. I would suggest you shop around before you commit to purchasing from anywhere. Most likely you will be able to find it for a lower price. The particular bag I purchased has sold out on 6pm, but it is still available at Nordstrom Rack.

Details 

Victorinox Swiss Army Victoria Charisma 15.6" Carry-All Tote
Retail: $169

Features:
  • "Dual top adjustable straps with snap connector tab
  • Top zip closure
  • Exterior features front zip pocket, back magnetic optional luggage flap with bottom zipper, metal feet, and detachable zip top pouch key ring
  • Interior features padded laptop and tablet/eReader sleeves with zip and snap strap closures, wall zip pocket, media pocket, and 2 pen slots
  • 12" H x 18.75" W x 6" D
  • 6-10" strap drop
  • 2.5" H x 4.75" W pouch"

Thoughts

My favorite thing about this bag is that the inside lining is a neon green! This makes it so easy to spot what you're looking for instead of all of your things ending up in a black hole. This tote is also nylon so cleaning is a breeze.

The different sections and pockets really make it easy to organize your items. There is also a tablet pocket to keep it protected. I usually don't bring tablets on trips. I'm afraid it will get lost/stolen, and I'm doing so much that I don't have time. I used the tablet pocket for snacks.

I also really liked that there were little snap connectors to help keep everything secure.

The only thing I wished that this bag had was a longer strap to carry over my shoulder. It can get heavy. My sister commented on that fact when she picked it up.








Not pictured:
  • Flight 001 Seat Pak
  • 1 Kind bar & 1 local bakery breakfast bar (I ate them)
  • Tampons and pads 
If you're curious as to what's housed in the Flight 001 toiletry bag and seat pak, check my review here. Also that gray bar is a Belkin 3-outlet mini travel charger with USB. Funny thing is that I did not know it swiveled until now. The black pouch holds some sunnies that I received in a subscription box. I'm not sure what brand they are. If you saw my Kentucky trip, those were the sunglasses I was sporting.  The Ipsy blue make up bag has all my extra batteries, memory, and camera charger. 












No comments:

Post a Comment